Thursday 29 November 2018

Ancestral marvel

Sun chasing cool mist crawls past my soul
Wild jack trees sway in excitement as I walk through
Tapioca dipped in fish gravy manhandles its landlord
Escaping barriers, she sends her aroma to excite my nerves

Acknowledging her call of longing, I cross a sloping stone road
I slide down gracefully to the lap of an adorable home
With love and nature around, a well and a pond to ponder
I sense the ancient heart of me throbbing aloud

Distant church bell reveals prayers that made me
I ruminate the past served in spotless plantain leaves
The happiness that spreads brightens the high skies
Tongues, minds, and silence brings forth a million memories
Drinking palm nectar, I walk on my ancestral leftovers
The breath I inhale is from my ancestor’s trachea
These waters washed the dirt off my blood countless times
And quenched the thirst of my lineage

Undetectable green stem and its soiled brown roots, I comprehend
Twigs may have moved on to different continents or places
It’s a mystery, how I had been made up from million years ago
It’s a marvel, the way I live had been planned and saved long ago

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ancestral marvel

Sun chasing cool mist crawls past my soul Wild jack trees sway in excitement as I walk through Tapioca dipped in fish gravy manha...