Sunday 12 November 2017

Mind


Oh, being of violence and romance
In you, I see a mini Syria
You are a dictator
Extreme and adamant
Yet you fight for freedom
Freedom from yourself.

You hurt violently
You break your head
Pluck your own eyes
Perplexed you protect yourself
From whom do you run
When, you are the culprit?

Pity in your helpless eyes - rare
Your aggression kills my sympathy
Your agony milks tears from dead eyes
I pour gallons of milk on you
Red it becomes on your battlefield
You pull me into your confused island

Oh unwavering undecisive mind
I am scared of your impetus
I wish you dive into silent oceans
And not be scared of sound silence
Don't scare me with your foolishness
Oh dear, enchant me with your penance




- Shalini Samuel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ancestral marvel

Sun chasing cool mist crawls past my soul Wild jack trees sway in excitement as I walk through Tapioca dipped in fish gravy manha...